Cricket bat and ball Bath Indoor Cricket League

Fixtures & results 2014/5
Match reports 2014/5

Statistics for the Season 2013/4 (.xlsx file 173 kb)

Valid XHTML 1.0!

These reports are written by the winning captains.

They are augmented with statistics, by Heather and Colin. Over twenty runs scored and two wickets taken are always celebrated.

The reports are sent to the Bath Chronicle in time to appear in the issue published ten days after the game. Neil Beck and his team are very supportive. Heather usually ensures the cutting is available on the Sunday two weeks after the game.

There are occasions when the Bath Chronicle may edit the report. They decide on the headline to be used and are willing to use any photographs we submit.

Sunday 29th March 2015 Knockout Cup Semi Finals and Final

Hampset progressed to the final with a comprehensive victory over The Venturers. They made a daunting 122 for 3 with notable contributions from Dan Williams (30 n.o.), Sam Marquiss (28 n.o.) and Matt Hill (20). In reply, The Venturers were reduced to 3 for 14 by the end of the third over, as Matt Hill took 3 for 5. They never recovered and were dismissed on the last ball of the innings for 66.

In the second semi-final, Hinton Charterhouse won the toss and chose to bat. Opener, John Newport (28 n.o.) made the largest score, as his side progressed steadily to 120 for 4, being gifted 38 extras. Blue Storm’s innings started exceedingly slowly, but lost no wickets until the end of the eighth over, when they were 89 for 1. Powerful hitting form Jack Hulme (31 n.o.), Henry Smith (29 n.o.) and Jack Penn (25 n.o. in 5 balls) saw them reach the target, with the loss of three wickets, with one ball to spare. Chris Antrobus took 2 for 16, while the other bowlers conceded ten sixes.

This resulted in Blue Storm being fired up for the Final against Hampset, who chose to bowl. Jack Penn hit a magnificent 53 not out (5 sixes and a four), ably supported by Jack Hulme (25 n.o.) and Ben Waldron (21) to set a target of 130 for 3. This onslaught had certainly affected Hampset’s usual good bowling and fielding. In their batting response, having lost the early wickets of their openers, they found running between the wickets difficult. Later on, attempting risky two’s yielded two run outs. They reached 103 all out on the last ball of the innings. Dan Williams top-scored with 24.

Thus, Bath University’s Blue Storm won the Knockout Cup in their debut season.

Sunday 22nd March 2015 Knockout Cup Quarter Finals

The Venturers reached their first semi-final with a tense victory over Bath Spa. Batting first, Bath Spa reached a challenging 104 for 3, thanks to 30 not out from Jack O’Regan and despite tight bowling from Richard Guy (0 for 8). In response, The Venturers kept up with the required run rate, greatly assisted by Richard Guy ( 27 n.o.). Needing six to win in the last over, they reached the winning target with two balls to spare.

Hampset produced a shock upset to defeat Bath Pedigree. Their tight bowling performance enabled them to restrict Pedigree to 71 for 4. Hampset began their chase with a solid opening stand from Matt Hill and Sam Marquiss, who were both eventually out for 19. Richard Hall took 2 for 1, including a wicket maiden, but to no avail, as Hampset gained success with 4 balls to spare.

Hinton Charterhouse cruised into the semi-finals, with each of their bowlers taking a wicket, but gifting Bathampton Sloths with 42 extras. Chasing a score of 76 for 5, Chris Antrobus (25 n.o.) and Matt Brierley (22 n.o.) established a firm foundation so they reach their target in 49 balls.

Blue Storm won a tight match by seven runs. The victory was set up with a 40 not out from opener, Jack Hulme, who returned to the crease to hit two sixes in the final over. The Star’s captain, Alex Woodward (later scoring 21) took 2 for 5, as an attainable target of 83 for 5 was set. In reply, The Star made good progress to reach 75 for 4 after nine overs. However, an excellent final over from captain, Dan Wright, including a well taken caught and bowled and a run out, reduced The Star to 76 all out.

Sunday 8th March 2015 Knockout Cup First Round

Hinton Charterhouse won the toss and elected to bat. They used all their batting in the allotted ten overs to set a barely respectable 100 for 5. Cameron Rose was stumped when he was on 20 and Nick Papuca took 3 for 13. Bear Flat Dads were in contention until the eighth over, thanks to Mike Child (26 n.o.) and Mike Colbeck (25 n.o.).Dads only managed 4 runs in this over leaving a daunting 30 required from the last two. They fell 12 runs short.

Hampset pulled off an upset, beating The Nearly Men by setting a challenging target. They has a flying with Matt Hill (32 n.o.) and Sam Marquiss both retiring on 25. Louis Gratton-Peters (21) continued the momentum taking Hampset to 128 for 3. A poor bowling start gave The Nearly Men a chance, but Matt Hill was able to redress the balance with 3 for 15, resulting in the batting side only reaching 92 for 3. Nick Cox top-scored with 28 not out.

Bathampton Sloths held off an excellent first outing from Bath Spa. Antony Howard led the way with 28 to achieve a score of 105 all out. In reply, Bath Spa were always in the hunt, but fell just short at 96 all out, in the ninth over, largely due to a couple of suicidal run outs. Nafees Khan (21) and James Magee (20) were the major contributors, while Russell Franks took 2 for 13.

On Sunday the committee were told, Bath Exiles, whom the draw had given a bye, had to withdraw from the competition. Therefore, the committee decided the best losers from the 1st round, Bath Spa, should be given passage to the Quarter Finals, rather than a team being given a bye to the Semi-finals.

Sunday 1st March 2015 Knockout Cup First Round

Bath Pedigree, put into bat, made a storming start by being 52 for 0 off four overs. Barry Crowley (29) and Mark Gunning (25) were the top-scorers, along with 30 extras, to set as challenging total of 129 for 5. Graham Tanner took 3 for 29. Barry Crowley and Matt Johnson each took two wickets as five-man Old Hinton were bowled out for 42.

The Star took their revenge on Pigeons, having lost the top of the table clash, by winning this cup tie comfortably by four wickets. Having put Pigeons into bat miserly bowling by Dave Brown (1 for 9) and Harjeet Singh (0 for 8), with clever field placements, restricted them to 69 for 5. A composed batting performance by Andy Steady (28 n.o.), with an adequate supporting cast, saw The Star home with eight balls to spare.

The Venturers secured their first victory of the season with a narrow win over The Super Sixers. Batting first against some tight bowling they scored 95 for 4, with Chris Hotchen (32 n.o.) leading the way. Rob Brown, with 2 for 22, was the Sixers’ star bowler. The Sixers were pacing their chase well, maintaining the required run rate, until man of the match, Chris Hotchen, with his 3 for 9, exerted pressure that forced the loss of three wickets in the last over, leaving them 15 runs short. Rob Brown top-scored with 27.

An outstanding team performance from Blue Storm gave them passage into the next round of the cup. The batsmen set a good score of 92 for 1 against some tight Combe Down bowling. Scott Howard hit a brilliant 26 not out to add to the gift of 39 extras. Ian Bleakley was very economical with his 0 for 8. In the reply, Combe Down found it very difficult to score, with only Jamie Mitchell (19) and Clive Hulbert (16 n.o.) registering double figures. Henry Smith (1 for 4) bowled a wicket-maiden tenth over, as Combe Down lost by 19 runs.

Sunday 22nd February 2015 Division B

In a top of the table clash, Combe Down were asked to bat. Despite a poor display they managed a late surge to push the score to 97 for 3, with Jamie Mitchell being 26 not out. In reply, Hampset found scoring very difficult and lost wickets regularly, to be left 12 runs short of a winning total. Sam Marquiss top-scored with 22 and Simon Elliman took 2 for 18. This left the two teams with an equal numbers of wins and similar bonus points, a Bath Indoor Cricket League first, resulting in joint-winners of Division B.

Bear Flat Dads managed two wins in a row. After having lost four earlier games, this gave a pleasant finish to the season. Bowling first, the Dads lacked their usual standard, and, with good batting from Bathampton Sloths, a target of 104 for 2 was set. Johnny Lewis was 26 not out and Russell Franks was 21. Dads’ Mike Colbeck made a magnificent 37 not out, which, with support from others, enabled them to sneak over the line, with five balls to spare.

Five-man Old Hinton battled hard for their first win of the season. Choosing to bat first, Richard Paige (26 n.o.), Bill Vallis (21) and captain, Graham Tanner (17 n.o.), managed 88 for 3, against some tight bowling from The Super Sixers. They then found scoring off the bat difficult, but were gifted with 33 extras, so that only five runs were required from the last over. However, only two runs were scored with the loss of two wickets, leaving Old Hinton with a surprising win.

Sunday 15th February 2015 Division A

In the absence of Hugh Brooker, Hinton Charterhouse reached a target of 117 for 5, having chosen to bat. This was achieved with contributions from Steve Palmer (35) and John Newport (23). James Purchase took 2 for 12. In reply, The Nearly Men were bowled out for 85. Nick Cox scored 19 from four balls, before being out “hit roof”, the first of four in the innings. John Newport took 2 for 35.

Bath Pedigree, having lost the toss, were asked to bat, by five-man Bath Exiles. A big score of 112 for 5 was set, with Mark Gunning (48 n.o.) leading the way. Sam Allard took 2 for 33. Chasing this target, captain, Dave Clarke (20), gave Exiles a good start. However, a good catch off the wall, by bowler, Barry Crowley (2 for 18), ended all hope of achieving the target, as tight bowling restricted the efforts of all the other batsmen. The innings ended on 94 for 4. Dave Hirst took 2 for 15.

Pigeons became Division A Champions, when having opted to field, they restricted The Star to 91 for 3. Adrian Boreham managed 30 not out and Harjeet Singh 25 not out. Blistering batting from Sam Martin (29 n.o.) and Ben Saunder (25 n.o.) made it a comfortable win in the ninth over, with a score of 92 for 2.

Sunday 8th February 2015 Division B

At last a win! Bear Flat Dads batted first and for once kept up the scoring momentum setting a total of 118 for 3. Mike Child scored 42 not out (2 sixes) and Damian Cull 29 not out (4 sixes). Old Hinton started well but a succession of four back wall catches left them behind the required scoring rate. Mike Paddock’s two overs for 6 runs and Nick Papua’s 2 for 20 were the highlights along with Sam Ellison’s superb one-handed catch. Bill Vallies top-scored with 21, as they fell 32 runs short of the target.

Hampset won a thrilling match, by just one run, against Blue Storm. Having won the toss “Storm” asked Hampset to bat. Dan Williams (23) and Sam Marquiss (21 n.o.) took Hampset to 91 with the loss of one wicket. Three run outs put “Storm” under pressure, but captain Dan Wright’s 38, including four sixes, rekindled hope for the batting side. This was snuffed out with a well taken one-handed catch by captain, Matt Hill, with two balls remaining.

Bathampton Sloths recorded a proper win to add to the “walk over” they were awarded earlier in the season. The tone was set with a half-century opening stand by Antony Howard (25 n.o.) and Rick Hewes (22). Later an injection of boundaries took them to a total of 98 for 1. In reply, Combe Down were always behind the pace. However, a late flourish from John Morrish (27 n.o.) and Clive Hulbert (17 n.o.) took them to 84 for 3 after their ten overs. Russell Franks was particularly thrifty with a maiden and 5 runs from his other over.

Sunday 1st February 2015 Division A

Pigeons recorded their fifth consecutive win, as they beat Bath Pedigree by 3 wickets. Having won the toss Pigeons chose to field. Pedigree were gifted 36 extras and Barry Crowley was 23 not out, but Captain, Robbie Fourrell’s 3 for 11 restricted the target set to 79 for 5 in the ten overs. In reply, Pigeons started strongly, with a fluent 24 from Ben Saunder. Later on a swinging cameo of 17, from Josh Tucker, achieved victory in the ninth over.

Being asked to bat, The Nearly Men had a slow start, but were rescued by Adam Deverill, who scored a big hitting 42 not out, to set a target of 101 for 5. Simon Shaw took 2 for 21. When The Venturers batted, they found scoring runs very difficult. Their efforts to push the score along resulted in the loss of wickets and were all out for 71, with three balls to spare. Nick Cox took 3 for 7.

Hinton Charterhouse had a truly convincing win, against Bath Exiles, when, having been asked to bat, they set a daunting target of 155 for 3. Substitute captain, Matt Brierley, led the way with the top score of 45 not out. He was ably assisted by Chris Antrobus (41 n.o.) and John Newport (26 n.o.). There were a magnificent 129 runs off the bat, as fittingly the captain hit the final ball for six. Bath Exiles appeared demoralised by Hinton’s quick running between the wickets, and thus, they were all out for 47 in the seventh over. Only debutante, Dan Cooper, showed any resistance with a score of 20 and on his debut, Chris Antrobus took 2 for 8.

Sunday 25th January 2015 Division B

Combe Down won the toss and decided to field. Good steady bowling from Mike Riley (2 for 15) and Simon Elliman (2 for 21) kept Bear Flat Dads to a reasonable score of 84 for 5. Mike Child scored 32. Combe Down’s Tom Hulbert opened and once again played a careful innings of 29 not out. The target was reached in the ninth over.

Hampset maintained their 100% record with a close win over Bathampton Sloths. After electing bat, Hampset only managed to score 78 runs, before they were all out with three balls to spare. Matt Hill top-scored with 30. Johnny Lewis (2 for 8) and Rick Hewes (1 for 9) were the stand-out bowlers in a very good Bathampton fielding performance. In reply, Steve Aust (0 for 4) produced two very tight overs to set his team the standard to be maintained. Good wicket keeping from Sam Marquiss and bowling from Tom (2 for 13) and dad, Dave Marquiss (0 for 9) resulted in Bathampton being 9 runs short of a win. Rich Hewes scored 28 not out.

The Super Sixers inflicted a second loss on weakened Blue Storm. Opting to field, the Sixers’ bowlers worked as a unit to restrict Blue Storm to 56 for 5. Rob Brown took 2 for 5, Laurie Jones 1 for 7, Owen Knight 1 for 8 and Russ King 1 for 10. The “ Storm” could not follow their opponent’s example as they gave away 39 extras. Sixers reached their target in the eight over with the loss of only one wicket.

Sunday 18th January 2015 Division A

Tight bowing from Bath Pedigree, including a wicket maiden from Jay Morris (1 for 6), restricted Hinton Charterhouse to 86 for 4. Only captain, Hugh Brooker, made any inroads with the bat reaching 38 not out. Pedigree’s Mark Gunning (29 n.o.) and Dave Hirst (17 n.o.) took them to their target in eight overs, with the aid of 42 extras.

Bath Exiles won the toss and opted to bowl first. After a tight first over, The Nearly Men’s Nick Cox (28 n.o.) gained his rhythm to bat very well. He was assisted by the team to set a good score of 96 for 4. In reply, Exiles did well to keep scoring against some good bowling, to make it a competitive game. However, needing 23 runs off the last two overs, Exiles were undone by a brilliant over from Nick Cox. With 2 for 11 and a sharp run out Nick was clearly “man of the match”.

A solid batting display from The Star produced a challenging total of 112 for 5. There were notable performances from Andy Steady (29 n.o.) and Alex Woodward (20). There was good bowling from Chris Hotchen (2 for 22). The Venturers never really gained any momentum with the bat, and fell 36 runs short, with man of the match, Andy Steady, taking 2 for 10.

Sunday 11th January 2015 Division B

Blue Storm won the toss and opted to bat. Their scoring was hampered by good Combe Down bowling. They totalled 78 for 3 with no really significant scores. Ian Bleakley, who took 2 for 14 and Jamie Mitchell (1 for 7) had the best bowling figures. In reply, Combe Down were never troubled, and, with 30 not out from Tom Hulbert and 26 extras they coasted to victory with only the loss of one run out.

The Super Sixers cruised to a second victory with a win over five-man Bear Flat Dads. Russ King (2 for 6) started The Sixers on their way with two wickets in the first over. However, Mike Child (21) and Chris Colbeck (11 n.o.) showed some sturdy resistance to see The Dads reach a total of 75 for 4. The Sixers opening batsmen, Dave Hewitt (27 n.o.) and Rob Brown (25 n.o.) both retired leaving captain, Laurie Jones, to hit the winning runs in the seventh over.

The final game was not played as only one player from Old Hinton arrived. Thus, Bathampton Sloths gained all 12 points available.

Sunday 7th December 2014 Division A

Hinton Charterhouse continued their title challenge with a comfortable win over The Venturers. Being asked to bat first, they accumulated 127 for 5. Matt Brierley top-scored with 20 not out, ably supported by Hugh Brooker (16), in a partnership of 63, having been given 59 extras. Nikhil took 2 for 13. The Venturers, fielding three debutants, were all out for 59, including 32 extras.

The Star won the toss and elected to field on a chilly December evening. Run outs, with three direct hits, proved to be crucial as Bath Pedigree were all out for 80. Mike Tennant took 2 for 19. Solid batting from The Star’s talisman skipper, Alex Woodward (29 n.o.) took them to victory in 7.1 overs, with the loss of just one wicket.

After forfeiting an over for arriving late, the high-flying Pigeons still managed to keep their 100% winning streak. Putting Bath Exiles into bat, they were able to make scoring difficult. However, gifting 52 extras resulted in a target of 93 for 3 being set. In reply, substitute captain, Sam Martin, previously having taken 2 for 6, retired on 30, including three sixes. This left Ben Saunder, who scored 22, to leave the lower order batting to reach the target with three balls to spare.

Sunday 30th November 2014 Division B

The Super Sixers won their first game of the season. Having asked Bathampton Sloths to bat they were able to restrict them to 72 for 5. Captain Russell Franks top-scored with 17 not out as his counterpart, Laurie Jones, was the pick of the bowlers with 2 for 17. Sixers chased down their target with an over to spare, despite some tight bowling from the Sloths. Matt Thorpe had a good game in the field with two excellent run outs. Rob Brown’s 27 runs, bat carried, made the result quite comfortable.

Blue Storm had another convincing win against the other new team, Old Hinton. The university side put in an incredibly strong batting performance, after being put in. Dan Wright (30), Henry Smith (29), Scott Howard (27) and Finn Collins (25) all retired as a total of 135 without loss was set. In reply, Graham Tanner (36) showed the only resistance, but it was not enough as Old Hinton were bowled out for 101 in the last over.

In the last, and most exciting game of the evening, Hampset won a “nail biter” against Bear Flat Dads, with just one ball to spare. Choosing to bat first, Dads’ Mike Child (19) and Mike Colbeck (35) made a whirlwind start taking the score to 58 with loss, after four overs. Fortunately, Hampset were able to peg back the innings with captain, Matt Hill taking 2 for 8 and Steve Aust 2 for 9. Bear Flat Dads responded in the second innings with some excellent tight bowling, particularly with Mike Child (2 for 9) and Felix Wood (1 for 13). A solid 19 from Dan Williams gave Hampset a foundation, allowing Matt Hill to come to the crease to clinch victory with 30 not out.

Sunday 23rd November 2014 Division A

The Star won the toss and put Bath Exiles in to bat. Opener, Jon Keepen (19), was the only batsman to significantly score, against a swinging new ball. With the ball difficult for bowlers to control Exiles were gifted 52 extras and reached 96 for 4. In reply, calamitous running from The Star produced three run outs. After 7 overs a score of 70 for 5 left all the work to be done by Harjeet Singh (44 n.o.), who gained the win with a ball to spare. He was clearly man of the match since he had previously taken 2 for 21. Sam Bowrey took 2 for 19 during the second innings.

Pigeons top the table as they were awarded a full 12 points, when The Venturers were unable to fulfil the fixture.

In the final game, Bath Pedigree won the toss and elected to field. Taking the vital wicket of James Purchase in the first over gave considerable encouragement, but they were then unable to make any further inroads. Nick Cox retired on 27 not out and Paul Justin (20 n.o.), with help of 41 extras (the same new ball!) enable a score of 101 for 1 to be set. In the second innings, Pedigree reached their target in tenth over for loss of three wickets. Mark Gunning (29 n.o.) and Richard Hall (27 n.o.) led the scoring.

Sunday 16th November 2014 Division B

Blue Storm had another convincing win against Bathampton Sloths. Scott Howard led the innings with 27 not out and was ably assisted by Harsh Talati (26) to set a target of 124 for 5. Antony Howard took 2 for 14.In response, Bathampton Sloths struggled to score runs, but were gifted 42 extras to leave them 46 runs short of a winning score, as Henry Smith took 2 for 15.

Combe Down lost the toss and were asked to bat. They found themselves in trouble on 19 for 1 after three overs. However, Simon Elliman (28 n.o.) and Ian Bleakley (17 n.o.) carried the score to a respectable 114 for 3, aided by 46 extras. In reply, The Super Sixers’ Rob Brown (29) opening the batting, valiantly lasted until the last ball of the innings. With little scoring support from the rest of the team, and three wickets falling in the final over, the effort fell short by 20 runs. Jamie Mitchell took 4 for 9.

Hampset produced another excellent bowling performance to earn a second win. Old Hinton won the toss and elected to field. With contributions from the whole team Hampset scored 86 all out, with one ball to spare. Simon Whitby took 2 for 17. Old Hinton’s debutants found scoring difficult, but veteran, Richard Paige (21) gave impetus to the innings. However, with tight bowling resulting in four run outs, they only manage 70 all out by the end of the ninth over.

Sunday 9th November 2014 Division A

Hinton Charterhouse accumulated a Bath Indoor Cricket League record of 176 for the loss of 4 wickets. Good running between the wickets and some wayward bowling from all The Star’s bowlers saw them reaching 74 for 1 in 5 overs. Hugh Brooker (30 n.o.), John Newport (25) and Ian Rose (20 n.o.), with 61 extras, contributed to this formidable target. Andy Steady took 2 for 24. Faced with this huge run-chase only captain, Alex Woodward (30) made any real impact, as sharp fielding , together with the need to take every opportunity to score, resulted in 4 run outs, as only 97 all out could be achieved.

Pigeons gifted The Nearly Men 28 extras to enable a score of 74 for 5 to be set. George Tucker was the pick of the bowlers with 2 for 7. The run-chase lasted until the penultimate ball of the innings, with Nick Cox taking 2 for 12 and Paul Justin only giving away 6 runs in his two overs. Ben Saunder was 37 not out.

Bath Exiles played their first game of the season with a new-look team. The debutants, Dom Field (11) and Lee Henderson (14 for 0), acquitted themselves well. Exiles were put into bat and set a target of 103 for 5, as captain, Dave Clarke, top-scored with 24, whose innings was ended with a great catch from Chris Hotchen. The Venturers’ reply was restricted to 83 for 5. Chris Hotchen was the biggest contributor with 23 and Chris Allard took 2 for 18.

Sunday 2nd November 2014 Division b

In the first Division B game of the season, an incredible bowling performance by Hampset saw them beat The Super Sixers in a low scoring game. The Super Sixers found scoring difficult and with some silly run outs and two excellent catches by Allan Alex, on his debut, reduced them to 39 all out in the eighth over. Despite losing a second ball wicket, Sam Marquiss, on his debut, scored 20 runs, as Hampset coasted to comfortable victory in the seventh over. Russ King took 2 for 11.

Old Hinton’s captain, Graham Tanner, struggle to field his first ever team, and arrived with just four players. The game was conceded to Combe Down. As a result a five-a-side friendly was played. The Combe Down side, put in to bat scored 130 for 3. In reply the Old Hinton team could only manage 72 all out, with Ian Bleakley taking two very good "caught and bowled"s to end the innings.

In a tidy first outing the new Bath University team, Blue Storm, ended in a fairly comprehensive win over Bear Flat Dads. A few comical run outs caused a slight mid-innings hiccup, but captain Tim Graham (29) enabled Blue Storm to set a fairly respectable target of 86 all out. The early wicket of opener, Mike Colbeck, gave the Uni bowling attack a big boost. However, a steady innings by Dad’s captain, Mike Child (26 n.o.) gave the team fresh hope. Blue Storm seemed pleased to see him retire and were relieved to win by 20 runs.

Sunday 26th October 2014 Division A

In the first game of the new season Pigeons (formerly Peasedown St. John) were asked to bat. The Tucker brothers opened and George retired on 25, while Josh yielded the only wicket that Hinton Charterhouse were to take, not troubling the scorer. Sam Martin came in to make 28 not out. A final score of 113 was achieved with the help of 42 extras. In Hinton’s reply Pigeons bowled tidily and took crucial early wickets. On his debut Cameron Rose scored 21, retaining his wicket to deny Pigeons full bowling bonus points. Hinton completed their ten overs with a losing total of 104 for 5.

Bath Pedigree had to bat first and made a great start reaching 47 without loss, after three overs. Wickets then tumbled, so they could only attain a score of 97 all out, in the ninth over. Mark Gunning top-scored with 27 and Nikhal took 2 for 18. Newly promoted “The Venturers” suffered four run-outs and two “hit roofs” and fell 19 runs short, also in the ninth over. Barry Crowley took 2 for 11.

In the delayed game The Star won the toss and asked The Nearly Men to bat. The first wicket fell, caught behind, first ball. This seemed to put the batting side on the back foot, who then found scoring difficult. Only captain, James Purchase, made any significant score, with 29, as a target of 67 all out was set. In response, The Star’s captain, Alex Woodward retired on 25 as the team reach the target in eighth over, only losing one wicket.